We are among the few that love ERP.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is hard. The process of implementing, upgrading and managing ERP solutions can be overwhelming and time consuming. We help companies navigate ERP system projects using Persistent proven methodology and ERP expertise..
Through 10 years of implementing JD Edwards we have developed a proven methodology. While our tactics continually evolve with the developments of new technology, Our core functional knowledge base and methodology remain relevant.
Our proven methodology would mean nothing if we didn’t also have experienced expert consultants to execute. Persistent’s team of consultants have completed more than 100 ERP implementations. Plus, we use the knowledge learned and earned by our senior consultants to train and teach the next generation of JD Edwards’s consultants through Persistent University.
We add value to our clients through our functional and technical depth of JD Edward’s knowledge. We use our collective experience to implement proven business processes that can improve the daily operations of our clients’ businesses.
Our approach places high value on open and frequent communications, high-value deliverables, and knowledge transfer to your team. We provide ample opportunity for user input and review, development of clear and realistic expectations, a strong technology environment, and ongoing executive support.
Our Consulting Services Include :
- JD Edwards Implementations, Upgrades, Migrations
- Business Process Redesign Services
- Business Value Assessments
- Audit Assistance
- Gap Analysis
- New Deployments and Upgrades
- Data Conversions
- Custom Solutions, JDE Customizations and Web Development
- Integrations, Middleware, EDI, Reports, and Forms
- Oracle’s User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- Configurable Network Computing (CNC)
- Database Administration (SQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Proactive Monitoring, Alerts, and System Checks
- Architecture Design for HA/DR
- Managed Services – Applications, Development, and CNC
- BI Publisher , One View Reporting Tool , E1 Pages
Mobile Applications :
Overview of the JD Edwards Enterprise One Architecture
- JD Edwards Enterprise One is a complete suite of modular, preintegrated, industry-specific business applications designed for rapid deployment, ease of administration, and low total cost of ownership. It is ideally suited for organizations that manufacture, construct, distribute, service, or manage products or physical assets.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One Tools is the runtime architecture and integrated development environment at the heart of the Enterprise One architecture. JD Edwards Enterprise One Tools is the technology layer that integrates with database systems, web application servers, reporting tools, and other third-party solutions. JD Edwards Enterprise One Tools provides an abstraction layer that allows the JD Edwards Enterprise One applications to function without a direct dependency on the platforms and middleware beneath them.
JD Edwards Enterprise One Application Collections”
- The following illustration provides a high-level overview of the components that comprise the JD Edwards Enterprise One technology layer. These components enable functionality such as user interface, security, reporting, and so on, across all JD Edwards Enterprise One application modules. Although depicted and often named as servers, these are actually logical components, which often can be collocated on the same physical hardware or installed into virtual machines.
JD Edwards Enterprise One Technology Layer”
- This System Overview Guide provides a brief description of each of these technology components within the JD Edwards architecture. The information will help you plan the topology of your JD Edwards Enterprise One implementation by helping you understand the general function of each component, which components are mandatory, which are optional, and which components run on which platforms.
JD-Edwards Implementation Methodology
- Persistent uses a proven and versatile 6-step JDE implementation methodology that is structured to accommodate the diversity of requirements that can be encountered in each project. This proven methodology is designed to deliver optimal results while minimizing the risks, costs and time associated with a project.
Upgrading JD Edwards Products
How Persistent can assist your JD Edwards upgrade
Persistent has a long-standing history and proven track record of working with both World and Enterprise One software. As a result, we know better than anyone in the India and USA how to carry out upgrades. We can assist you in the following activities:
- Assessing the new functionality. The Persistent Discovery Questionnaire is one way of speeding up the process. Review the list of business issues and areas of interest and we will help assess the enhancements and the possible courses of action open to you.
- Documenting business processes. This is a time-consuming task that needs a good understanding of the processes involved. Many customers don’t have the time and resources to do this.
- Building the business case. These days most IT projects have to be justified through a benefits-driven business case.
- Upgrade tools. Persistent can help you obtain, set up and run the new tools, and assess the results.
- Purging & archiving. We can supply tools to purge, archive and reorganise files before the upgrade is undertaken.
- Application assessment. Assess the effectiveness of the JD Edwards solution in place today and the potential for improving the solution’s efficiencies across the organisation.
- Software system technical review. Identify areas that need attention and help put a ‘house-keeping’ procedure in place, to potentially achieve savings in disk space.
- Upgrade planning workshop. Designed to give you an opportunity to look at all the factors involved, both technical and applications, and to identify and resolve any issues. As a result, you will have a clear upgrade strategy, an outline plan and a resources plan.
- Upgrade project. One way of approaching an upgrade is to do it in two stages; carry out the technical upgrade so that your users are moved to the new release, then introduce the new functionality you have decided to use. Our experienced technical and applications consultants can help you plan and manage both aspects.
JD Edwards Implementation Services
The implementation of an ERP system will have a major impact on your business. When properly executed the solution can have a substantial positive impact on your business. Of course a poorly implemented solution can result in a disaster for your business.
One of the keys to a successful implementation is having a clear vision of the business objectives that you are trying to achieve as part of this project.
At Persistent Our implementation approach includes the process of identifying these objectives and ensuring the team is focused on achieving these objectives throughout the project.
We have been implementing JD Edwards solutions for customers for the past 10 years. Our team has extensive experience in all aspects which are required to achieve a successful project.
Whether this is your first JD Edwards implementation, a reimplementation of JD Edwards or an expansion of your current JD Edwards solution we are confident that we can help you achieve your business objectives.
One of the biggest issues during a project is data conversion moving data from the old system and mapping it into the new ERP. Get ahead by reviewing your data now.
Set clear standards for data entry going forward in the new system.
Thirty years ago, ERP systems had to be custom developed, requiring extensive IT involvement and resources.
Today, selecting and implementing a new ERP system is much more than an IT initiative. It is a business initiative and something that can shape a company’s future.
Top executives need to be involved and fully visible in ERP system implementations, taking ownership and giving guidance throughout the process.
Successful implementations happen when ERP experts work with businesses to guide the process. Clear and frequent communication is paramount, as is extensive training.
Persistent is a leading provider of support services for JD Edwards Enterprise One customers. Our services include support for JD Edwards’s applications, JD Edwards’s development, and JD Edwards’s technology including CNC, Oracle database, and SQL database. The guiding principle of our support services business is to provide high value.
Affordable services that assist our customers in maximizing their JD Edwards investment.
- Advisory Services
These services are designed to provide an ongoing dialogue or informed guidance and education.
- Proactive Services
Our proactive services are designed with the goal of minimizing/avoiding risk and achieving continuous improvement with our customers’ JD Edwards environment.
- Reactive Services
These services include troubleshooting, issue identification and resolution
Support Services Highlights
- Standard service hours (8:00am to 8:00pm)
- 24 x 7, 24 x 5, and weekend-also support available
- Service is delivered under a Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Dedicated support team
- Support is available globally and in multiple languages
- Support requests are managed through Persistent help desk
- Complementary to Oracle Support
- Flexible pricing options
Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One is an integrated applications suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning software that combines business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low total cost of ownership. Enterprise One is the first ERP solution to run all applications on Apple iPad. JD Edwards Enterprise One also delivers mobile applications.
Only JD Edwards Enterprise One offers more choice of databases, operating systems, and hardware so you can build and expand your IT solution to meet business requirements. JD Edwards delivers over 80 application modules to support a diverse set of business processes and key industry solutions such as Consumer Package Goods, Manufacturing, Asset Intensive, and Projects and Services.
Having the right financial foundation for your organization is key when you need to account for every penny that comes in or goes out—in every currency, in every country. Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One financial management solutions can help you respond more quickly to your changing environment, streamline your financial operations, and improve the accuracy of your financial reporting.
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Advanced Cost Accounting
- Expense Management
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- General Ledger
Take control and proactively manage project costs and billing, from conception through completion with Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One project management applications.
- Contract and Service Billing
- Advanced Contract Billing
- Project Costing
Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One Asset Lifecycle Management solution helps drive greater value from your assets, whether they are plants, facilities, or equipment. From capital planning and budgeting, to procurement and operations, to maintenance and repair, JD Edwards Enterprise One Asset Lifecycle Management can maximize profitability and return on investment across the entire asset lifecycle.
- Capital Asset Management
- Condition-Based Maintenance
- Equipment Cost Analysis
- Rental Management
- Resource Assignments
Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One Order Management enables you to streamline order processing and maintain visibility and control of order tracking throughout the order lifecycle.
- Advanced Pricing
- Agreement Management
- Apparel/Attribute Management
- Fulfillment Management
- Demand Scheduling Execution
- Product Variants
Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One Manufacturing and Engineering helps manufacturers—especially those that operate within a mixed-mode (process, discrete, repetitive, etc.) manufacturing environment—develop, manufacture, and distribute products in a timely fashion; use efficient processes that optimize resources; and satisfy customer expectations about quality, price, and delivery. Now, with the addition of Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management solutions, engineers can work closely with the manufacturing and related capabilities of JD Edwards Enterprise One.
- Quality Management
- Requirements Planning
Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One Mobile Solutions deliver personalized services that extend user choice and improve productivity by delivering management solutions that can be accessed at any time or from anyplace.
- Mobile Solutions
Oracle’s JD Edwards Enterprise One One View Reporting is a real time operational reporting solution designed specifically for end users to access and personalize transactional data into lists, charts, graphs and tables thus simplifying the consumption of information. One View Reporting’s intuitive interface empowers end users with the flexibility to create personalized operational reports, across Enterprise One, without the need for IT assistance.
- Capital Asset Management
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Inventory Management
- Procurement & Subcontract Management
- Project Costing
- Real Estate